Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Clapotis!

I have finally officially finished a Clapotis. I feel less of a fraud in the Knitty Coffeeshop!

It took five skeins of Patons SWS -- 70% wool, 30% soy, natural plum colorway. I enjoyed working with the yarn--it's soft and cushy, with a really nice sheen from the soy. The colors are all me--purpley pinky goodness. I can't carry off a wrap like this though, so it's destined as a Christmas gift.

Clapotis is definitely a great pattern--so much opportunity for modifications and substitutions. I have the distinct feeling that this will not be my only clapotis.

12 comments:

Fiber-4-U said...

It's gorgeous !!

I love that yarn, I have a few skeins in blue, I might give it a go :)

Bezzie said...

That's lovely!! I'm not a fan of that SWS, but your clap makes me think twice!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your clap. It's lovely

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous. What do you mean, you can't carry it off? It's all about attitude! If you want to give it, give it. But if you really want to keep it, then do, and wear it with pride!

Zonda said...

Gorgeous job there! Lovely colors!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I've not seen that yarn before - now I want some! I'm a Clapotis lover - need to get to work on my third.

Kristy said...

I keep seeing this yarn more and more and I... MUST...TRY!! Because your clap is absolutely beautiful. Fold it in half and wear it as a lovely thick scarf if wraps aren't your thing! I think it's a lovely gift, but DO knit something for yourself in that gorgeous yarn!!

Baigneuse said...

Gorgeous clapotis! I've had my eye on the SWS yarn since it came out and now I definately want to try it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did a great job.

*says the girl who still hasn't finished her clappy...

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Gorge, Us! Byew-tif-wool! Next one: Packer colors. What the world needs now is ClaPACKtis. Soytainly. Or is it Bambootainly?

Jessica said...

ooh! It's so nice and shiny! Congrats! I hope to finish my first clap this weekend. I'm in section four. Except I think I might need another skein.
;( Like you, mine is a christmas gift as well! :)

r said...

Psh, I never wear mine (as either a wrap or scarf...but it's never cold here), I just like looking at it! I love it. Your's is very pretty. It has a nice sheen!