Thursday, August 30, 2007

Kid Sweater Trio

I've been working on these a loooong time. Or actually, I've been dragging my feet on these for a looong time.

My dear friend Margie, who shall remain blogless, (although she should blog, she makes the most beautiful cross-stich pieces) has three adorable grand children. They're going to look so cute in these!
Pattern: Sirdar 1538 Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly DK and Sirdar Snuggly Fair Isle DK, 100% Acrylic
I started the blue sweater in November, I think, and finished it in January. The cardigan I started at The Other Knitting Camp in Wisconsin on August 4 and finished August 17. The final sweater I started August 18 and finished August 27. A quick run through the delicate cycle in the washing machine, a partial dry on low in the dryer, and a bit of air-drying at the end makes for easy-care kids clothes. Can't wait to see them modeled on Josie, Tristan and Genna!

So now. I'm swatching for the Nantucket Jacket and the Knit Pick's Palette Sampler Fair Isle cardigan. Decisions, decisions!

I also signed up to participate in The Secret of the Stole, a "mystery" knitalong. I really want to do some proper lace and I thought the structure of a knitalong might help me stay focused on it. I'm going to look for laceweight at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival (next weekend! yay!), as I don't have enough laceweight of one color in the old stash right now. Plus, it's beaded! Now, I have a huge bead stash just sitting around not doing anything, but that doesn't mean I can't buy more!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful work there. Lucky kids!

errs said...

It'll be nice to know somebody else working on the Stole. I signed up a few days ago.

Batty said...

Those are fabulous!

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

You knit so excellently. (Eliz. already used beautiful.) You know at WSW I will now be dragging you to touch every laceweight I see.

Mary, Mary... said...

Those are very special sweaters! I love the DIY yarn meter which is more accessible since you'll never give up Abby's batts.