Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Kindness of Knitters

I'm starting to think my SP has hacked into my computer, or else she's a seriously gifted psychic. How else would she know to send me this? That's two skeins of Knit Picks Memories in Geranium, and a size one circular needle to try out Magic Loop. On Tuesday, I almost ordered some Knit Picks size one needles, and I was checking out this very yarn, too. In the end, I didn't order because I didn't have quite enough for the free shipping. I'm thrilled! The very needles I was looking for, and my favorite colorway of the Memories. Thanks so much, SP! How much more lucky can I get?

Well, maybe I could meet Kathrows on the spur of the moment for a little stitchin and bitchin and she shows up with this:

Um, yeah. That's a skein of Schaeffer Anne. Luscious, innit? And some loverly bamboo doublepoints. For no reason. Isn't my life charmed? Wait, it gets better. Remember this handdyed, handspun merino? Kathrows took that and made these:
Some perfectly-sized mittens and a calorimetry! Aren't they great? And she gave them to me! Now, it may be that winter is over here, but then again, you never know....

It's a good thing I have all these goodies to savor, because the knitting front is pretty grim:
Here's the first ten rows or so of my first attempt at real lace. Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave Stole. Other than that, I have a first sock that I have frogged at least six times and need to frog again, and a baby sweater languishing in the sew-up stage and two other projects drifting dangerously close to UFO area. Should I cast on something new? Silly rabbit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The handspun set is gorgeous.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

OOH! Everything is gorgeous! Esp. the-well, everything is gorgeous. Your photography is making that Anne look better than in real life. The rest of us like to see you magically turn fiber into yarn and yarn into well-crafted FOs.

Batty said...

Yes, everything is gorgeous. The colors, the yarn, the handspun... amazing. Can't wait to see what you do with the SP yarn!

Anonymous said...

*claps* I'm glad you like it!