Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Silver Lapis Necklace

I knit up this little trifle today:

Silver Lapis Necklace from the "Knitted Gems" kit by Knitter's Journey bought at the Wisconsin Spin In. Used size 3 needles, 24 lapis beads and 26-gauge non-tarnish silver wire. Time to knit: 3 hours, including stringing the beads and attaching the clasp.

Boy, knitting with wire is a pain in the asterisk. I'm not completely sold on the whole thing. I'm reasonably pleased with the end product, which I'm giving to a co-worker for her birthday, but I'm not so sure I'm champing at the bit to make any more. Lord knows I have enough beads and there's plenty of leftover wire, but man, it killed my hand to make. I might make some bracelets--they'd be quicker.

6 comments:

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

It's very nice. Also good photography.

Elizabeth said...

Very lovely, but I can imagine it's not fun to do.

errs said...

Pretty -- I like the shiny. :D But I can't imagine the wire is fun to try to work with.

Rebel said...

it may be a pain in the butt, but it's gorgeous!!! Love it!

Mag said...

Did you have to tape up your fingers? (I'd never even try it, I know my fingers and they would object, loudly.) Wow, the necklace is beautiful though.

maryannlucy said...

Beautiful job, it looks lovely, though I can imagine it was really hard to knit.